PumpkinKnits

Friday, November 10, 2006

Sock Spurt

First, I want to say how encouraging it is that more than 80% of you think I will deliver before my due date - I can only hope that you're right. The uterus is playing dumb and won't give up a word on the subject.

I've found some knitting energy of late after all. I think having my handspun sock yarn waiting gave me the spur I needed to complete my Experimental Dye Job socks:

Very simple 72st, picot cuff, shortrow heel on Size 0's. Yarn is superwash something or other that I picked up for the Dye-O-Rama swap, and the dye job was experimental in that I just slapped the hank in a roasting pan and randomly splashed on dye as I do with roving - i.e. not painting on sections, etc. It surprised me, as it looked like utter garbage in the hank and wound up, but I ended up really liking how it knit up. Very autumnal colors, and I think these are destined to be popped in the mail to someone I know who badly needs a pair of handknit socks.

And my reward for finsihing:
The Gestures 2-ply thatI spoke of last post, now knit up in sock form. I am smitten. I only have the mental capacity for simple stockinette right now, and this stuff is perfect for that. 60 stitches on size 1s, around and around as I space out. I love the colors in here.

14 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Nothing wrong with simple stockinette socks. They're really pretty!

3:58 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

i love the colors on the first pair - so pretty!

4:21 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Sometimes stockinette round & round is just what my brain needs! Both socks are awfully pretty! :)

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is always a place for st st socks. Nice colors...A form of entertainment beyond pattern.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are lovely -- I'm sure that they will be appreciated! And, sadly, I missed the contest. Here's to a full-term, yet very easily deliverable baby!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your bag packed, tomorrow's the day! I can feel it! That baby's ready to come out.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something to be said about plain old stockinette. After this lace I have been working on, I am ready for plain knitting :-).

Your dyeorama yarn looks great in the socks!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks, all of them.

I'm no good at guessing, but I really hope it all happens at the perfect time. It usually does, at the perfect time for nobody but the baby. Just as it should.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Both pairs of socks are lovely!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, cool colors on your handspun socks! Your experimental dye job socks look great, too!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I would be smitten with that new sock, too. Lovely.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Nice socks.....oh how I love socks!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

No baby yet? Sigh...

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "Experimental Dye Job socks" look great. One thing about choosing dye colors - if you go for a warm range of color - dash in a hit of cool for accent. You did a fine job! Someone will have happy feet!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home