PumpkinKnits

Monday, October 02, 2006

Moving On

The knitting on this little cutie has been done for weeks, so I finally took the time to assemble it this weekend.

Project Specs:
Pattern: PeaPod Baby Sweater(PDF), by Kate Gilbert
Yarn: Valley Yarns Amhers (100% Merino), "sweatpea"
Needles: #6 Denise
Notes: A pretty quick knit, the lace panel up the front keeps it interesting, and as most of you already know, knit a sleeve first and use it as your swatch - they're only 7 inches tall the long way and take but a moment. What you can't see in my photo is that each sleeve also has the same leaf/rib edging as the bottom and neck.


I now have three completely new projects on the needles.
  • A new pair of socks (yarn dyed by me in an "experimental" manner)
  • Mariah, sleeve #1 seen below. Hopefully a sensible answer to my sweater craving, as it is a cardi (good for nursing, as Beth so cleverly pointed out) and I'm knitting it in a large enough size that fit hopefully won't be a problem later. Oh, and its stash yarn, so no cash outlay (or at least the outlay happened a year+ ago)

  • Shawl with my Black Magic polwarth/mohair (can I call it Po-Mo?) singles. I have chosen a pattern and it is on the needles. I will keep you in suspense a little while longer, as I am only 98% sure this is the right pattern, I need to knit a little more before I decide for sure.
Should be an interesting week here - I have a cold from hell, with sore throat, racking cough, stuffy head (and of course I can't take much for it) and sound like a corpse when I speak. Of course I managed to infect PumpkinBoy with the same. So far, it is not bad enough too keep him out of school or me out of work, but dog help us if we both end up home together on sick day, as I don't think it will be pretty. For now, I am using my Magic Monday to grocery shop and then lay low and knit and spin all day to get my rest.

18 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

The Pea Pod sweater is adorable! And the sleeve for your new sweater - those cables are fantastic. Hope you guys are both feeling better soon.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

The pea pod sweater is so precious! I love all of your current projects. :)

10:40 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

I love Mariah--all those cables make me swoon.

I hope you and PumpkinBoy fell better soon.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that peapod sweater! I didn't know you were making that. I'm making one for my sister's baby to be too. Yours is so cute.

11:37 AM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

adorable, and I love the mariah sleeve. I don't know how true the color is on my monitor, but I love it.
Good luck with the cold. We succumbed to that recently ourselves.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Love the Pea Pod, too cute! And Mariah is beautiful! A classic you'll always use!

I've had the same crappy cough/sorethroat/upper respiratory crud for the last 2 weeks too. Fell better soon!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Pea Pod pattern, and yours turned out positively adorable. It will look very cute on the little one.

I knew you were going to start a sweater, even after being warned not to! It is a good choice, though, being a cardigan (Beth does have a very good point about the nursing aspect). I can't wait to see what the shawl looks like.

I hope you feel better soon. Being sick while pregnant is no fun at all.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Peapod sweater is adorable, and the Mariah sleeve looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing the handspun shawl in progress. :)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Definitely sounds like an interesting knitting week, at any rate!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely stuff! The sweater is cute without treading too far into adorable. I love the lace motif. Mariah...great color, great cables. As soon as I'm done commenting, I'm following the link.

I hope you and PB feel better soon. Colds just suck the life out of you for no discernable benefit.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is adorable and I like how the sleeve is turning out. Feel better soon- the same cold has been making the rounds in our house too.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

What a beautiful sweater ... I love that pattern.

Here's hoping you and PumpkinBoy feel better soon. I always hated having colds when I was pregnant.

9:18 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, the Pea Pod is so sweet! And the color of Mariah--lovely. :)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry you're sick. :-( Can you at least turn it into an excuse to languish on the couch with Mariah and make your husband do all the kid-wrangling? ;-)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your cold isn't dragging down your knitting ambition, at least! The Peapod Sweater is adorable, and your new projects sound/look great. Feel better soon!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Abigale said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

I can't wait to see what shawl pattern you decided on for the PoMo. Which btw - is amazingly beautiful yarn...

I do hope that what you are thinking of is the right thing for your yarn - PoMo doesn't sound like much fun to rip out, if it doesn't end up working.

Feel better soon!

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that little green sweater is as cute as can be. just wonderful!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Fields of Heather said...

Hey! Where'd you find those cute buttons? I just finished the peapod sweater in blue-it was a very fun, quick knit. Skipping the hat though..maybe some matching leggings would be cute.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home