PumpkinKnits

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Long Weekend

EDIT TO ADD: Got a call from my little brother and just found out that the impending niecephew is no longer impending! My gorgeous (I haven't seen photos yet, but he must be, really) nephew arrived today after a marathon labor that started on Tuesday. Congrats to M&M and new baby boy A. I'm so happy for them!

Headed out tomorrow for one last long-weekend of R&R as a family of three. Next time we are there, we will be four! Hoping for much knitting and quiet time.


Had a very fun spin-night at the Topsfield Fair last night in the Sheep Barn. A surprise (to me anyway) Spinning Bee competition. I'm proud to report that both Cheryl and I won ribbons, although she might need her own weekend of R&R to recover from the stress. I don't think I've laughed so much in a long time. I'm so glad I dragged my snotty/coughy/tired ass down there, it was well worth it.

13 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Have a good time. I hope you feel better soon!!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

It promises to be a beautiful weekend - have a blast! And wave to me as you drive by rte 58 off 495.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Congratulations, Auntie!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulationson the familial addition AND the ribbons! I'm impressed.

8:54 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Congrats on the new nephew! And *whew* to the momma for a 2-day-labor! Ugh. :)

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your brother and his wife on the new arrival (and to your SIL for making it through such a long labor), and to you for your ribbons. Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheeeee, congrats Auntie!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Ribbon? Awesome! I wanna see the prizewinning skein. :-)

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Auntie! And I am not at all suprised by the success of the dynamic spinning duo of you and Cheryl!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the ribbons and the new nephew!! I hope you are feeling better soon :-)

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a nephew! Congrats to your family!

9:07 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Congratulations Auntie!

I hope PumpkinBoy loves his new playmate.

10:02 AM  
Blogger g-girl said...

congratulations from a fellow new auntie! :) my little brother and his gf just had a baby too-a few days before you new nephew was born my new niece was born. :)

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home