PumpkinKnits

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Happy Feet

Admittedly, not the fastest socks in the East anymore, but most certainly my personal best taking just 11 days when my usual habits leave me counting months to completion, and not days. I can no longer see my toes when standing, so had to pose seated to get this shot, lest I lean too far foward and topple over like a Weeble. But at least my ankles aren't swollen (yet).

Project Specs:
Yarn: Socks that Rock, "County Clare", medium weight
Needles: Addi Turbos #1 (magic loop)
Pattern: none - 60 stitches stockinette
Notes: Still completely smitten with this yarn, and am trying to rationalize why I must purchase more of it, despite having enough sock stash to keep me going into next fall, easily.

17 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Hooray for finished socks! 11 days is faster than my normal time which is generally 14 days.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Purty! And STR is like crack.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are beautiful!
& i remember that whole not being able to see my feet deal.
not much longer now!!!!

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovley yarn, and what a fitting name! :) The socks look great, and I think 11 days are really fast. I don't think I've ever gone under a month...

3:26 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Far be it from me to enable but...if you like the STR medium weight you MUST try the lightweight!It's my favorite!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh the socks are lovely too! :)

3:32 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Oh those socks that rock socks are so cool! I love that colorway.
I really like your round baby blanket! What a great pattern.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fast or not, the socks are pretty. Hooray for non-swollen ankles!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! Enjoy Them!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors!!! You will enjoy having those come labor time :-)...LOL!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking socks, love the striping.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I love those... great colors!!!!!

9:21 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Those are so, so pretty! I clearly remember not being able to see my feet. Such a weird realization. Definitely made better by the fact that you know your feet look awesome in those socks! *grin*

11:10 AM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

You must buy some more to fill the void left by the County Clare which is no longer in your stash. Nature abhors a vacuum, you know. (or a void, or whatever that saying is, which means go get some more STR)

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, they are amazing - I love the colorway! Great job!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks. And everyone knows the answer to your last question - sock yarn doesn't count!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

What Liz said about STR bein' crack--although Opal & Trekking are right up there for me.

I had to add my $0.02, I love your sox!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home