PumpkinKnits

Monday, October 30, 2006

Inward Focus

As I approach my due date my attention span for anything is shortening, my focus is turning inward and I find myself slowly running out of the desire or the energy to do anything but the necessary - taking care of the little day-to-day tasks that make up life, being present and engaged with PumpkinBoy, going to work, etc.

We have had a very busy past two weeks: having a new furnace installed, heading down to the Cape this past weekend to see our new newphew baptised, getting baby things out of storage and cleaned up, and of course tomorrow is Halloween so costume prep and pumpkin carving have been put on the front burner as well. I'm looking forward to what I hope will be a couple quiet weeks of "normal" days pre-baby.

I am still knitting. The Po-Mo Shawl, socks and Mariah, but all in little tiny spurts. Still spinning too. I got double drive working on little Mary Jane and am ready to put some real fiber to the test on it (as opposed to the junk I'd been playing with). I have some divine Bunny Crack from Kim that I couldn't resist purchasing a month ago that I think will be a nice first try for this wheel. I do hope to find the energy to make it to what will most likely be my last spin-night before baby this week (Goddess help me if I'm still pregnant for the next one!) so I actually might make progress on that.

Expect a bit of quiet from me for the next little while as I indulge in my baby-waiting instincts. I will still be reading, and perhaps commenting elsewhere, just not taking time to post here as often.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy this time! And have fun spinning on the new wheel with Kim's yummy fiber.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your quiet time! We'll be looking forward to the good news.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that time and that wonderful feeling of turning inward. Enjoy it, and I will be thinking of you and your new little sprout.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest up! We'll all be thinking of you.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

You take all the time you need for yourself and your family right now. Just make sure you let us know when the baby comes!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your quiet time as much as possible, because you already know how hectic it is with a newborn. Take care of yourself!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy this time of inward reflection, rest and special time with PumpkinBoy. Good Luck! See you on the flip side with a new babe in arms.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fell upon your blog while surfing others. I just wanted to tel you that Fast delivery and quiet evening baby vibes are being sent your way;) I had my last of my crew almost 3 years ago and am very happy with the stages we're at now with the "not-so-dependant" and things starting to grind on a more regimented gear, but at times like this when I read other blogs that are going through the early baby preperations I get a little longing for those last few weeks before delivery and then the delivery itself and the first several months of settling in and adjusting to the new family style. It was so much fun for me, even admidst all the chaos and hectic evenings and interupted moments of rest, it still was the most special time of my life, the time my husband and I grew even closer and bonded with our new family, I loved every minute of it. I even had so much fun being nervous about delivery and anticipating it. I still laugh with a sheepish chuckle when people tell me how horrible their labor was (mind you, they had 3 more children AFTER that horrible labor LOL). Your going to do great, enjoy every single minute of it and embrace your family, you deserve it. When your sleepy and maybe a teeny bit grumpy, remember, this to shall pass my friend and a new adventure will begin! Blessings to you and yours.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I don't know why but you're posts haven't been picked up by bloglines since the peapod baby sweater! So...congrats on the new wheel, the Po Mo is lovely and enjoy the nesting baby wait :)

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely thinking of you, and your journey to the new little one. I'll send my pain-free vibes over in your direction.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stat well!
feet up!
relax as much as possible.

XO!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quiet time is good and this time is the perfect time for that. Have fun getting ready for your new little bundle and I will be thinking good thoughts for you both!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Well wishes as you await your little bundles arrival.

It seems like so long ago that my girls came along...the youngest is 5 years old. They grow so quick!!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Good luck! We'll be thinking about you and sending you wonderful easy-labor baby vibes! :)

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home