PumpkinKnits

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Where was I?

A few weeks back, before the Great Lace Race, I was about 2 nights worth of knitting from finishing up two different projects. Now that things are back to normal, I was able to finish these up.

Pinwheel Baby Blanket:

Project Specs:
Pattern: Pinwheel Baby Blanket, edging is "Belle Epoque" ruffle from Nicky Epstien's "Knitting on the Edge" book.
Yarn: Danette Taylor hand-dyed worsted weight; edging is Cascade 220 color 7802
Needles: Denise #7
Notes: I have always loved this pattern, and am pleased to have a chance to knit it for our latest addition to force. I was a bit shy of choosing the hot pink for the edging (thanks to Julia and Kellee for pointing me that way on our Webs excursion), but it looks perfect, and the girly ruffle came out much better than even I had hoped.

Regia Socks:

Project Specs:
Pattern: Pebble Rib, by Ann Norling
Yarn: Regia Cotton Surf, color 5411
Needles: Brittany #2 DPNs
Notes: I really like this yarn - light on the feet and really breathable. The pattern is pretty simple. My first ever attempt to be all matchy-matchy with my striping, I think I did a pretty good job.

18 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Good for you for finishing up those knits. I'm seeing a lot of pink. I find that quite interesting. ;-)

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That baby blanket is fabulous. Charming and unique.

9:41 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

What fabulous FOs! I love the ruffle on the pinwheel. The edgings that everyone picks are so unique and really personalize them. I think the stripes on your socks are definitely a match! Nice going. *and I can't believe you finished these up right after the Moth race. I'd have needed at least a week's rest. *grin*

10:30 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

What baby wouldn't love that golorius blanket? So pretty!

Love the socks too, Cotton Surf Rocks!

12:48 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

i love the pinwheel as well. i may have to make another one soon.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blanket looks great. Good job finishing projects after the big Moth!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

The edging looks great! Looks like you're getting over that fear of pink.

8:16 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

The Pinwheel Blanket is perfect! The hand-dyed yarn with the solid border is an excellent pairing.

I know your baby will love it.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Lots of pink today... but that's hardly a bad thing! I'm glad you went with the bright pink for the ruffle--it's very, very cheerful. :-)

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the pinwheel is gorgeous! Makes me ALMOST want to make blankets for friend's new twins. But I think I'm still going to go for the quick and easy bootie and hat routine. One blanket -- maybe. Two, seems like a lot.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Great pinwheel ... I have one languishing on the needles right now, waiting for 1) a new, longer circular needle and 2) a decision about the border. I love the bright pink ruffle you chose.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that whirl of color topped by the hot pink ruffle—really well done! such joy, sigh.

10:39 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

pretty in pink! love the ruffle :-)

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ruffle is perfect. And matchy matchy worked beautifully with the socks.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pinwheel looks great! I love the edging, both the colour and the pattern. Really nice!

2:46 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That ruffle is fabulous!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet and fun blanket! Looks like a nice big size, too -- so useful. (Says she who has no children but has heard people talk at length about the utility of sizeable baby blankets.)

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last comment was me. Blogger is being really weird and not letting me be anyone but anonymous.
-Rachel (www.licketyknit.com)

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home