PumpkinKnits

Monday, September 11, 2006

The Fastest Socks in the East

I am in love. I was part of the Favorite Color Swap, and I recently got my package from the lovely Susan, aka Labmom. Included in my box was a skein of Socks that Rock, in the colorway County Clare. Now, as everyone knows, there is much hype surrounding this particular yarn. I'm always a tad skeptical of such hype, but holy shit, this stuff deserves it. So sproingy and firm - I just cannot stop knitting with it. Hence, the fastest socks in the east:


I cast on for the first one just shy of a week ago. I am by no means a fast sock knitter. Socks sit on my needles for months, always playing 2nd fiddle to whatever primary project I am working on. This pair though - I CANNOT STOP KNITTING THEM. I just want to feel the yarn as it stacks up row by row and I actually sat with one sock on my foot while I knit on the other last night, just because it felt so nice. I see now why others have proclaimed they will never knit another sock in anything but this yarn - if I had a more mighty yarn budget, I would be tempted to say such words myself.

11 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Those are beautiful! You are well on your way to becoming an addict.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Would that we all had a more might yarn budget! As for the fastest sock in the East, that would be the ones I finished in 6 days this past week. :-)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Geez, those are fabulous! So much prettier than on the Blue Moon website, even.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look great, the striping is awesome.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think knitting with the yarn is great, wait until you get them on your feet!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a few skeins of STR in my stash. As soon as I finish the 2 currently on needles, I'll have to haul it out. I really like that colorway- next time :-) It was really nice meeting you and the little guy yesterday.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to give this yarn a try.....can I wait until Rhinebeck?? I'm not sure...LOL!

Great colors!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I too love STR but I don't think I could possibly give up all the other glorious sock yarns out there! Have you tried Claudia's Handpaint yet? :)

I have a skein of this in my stash, County Clare is a favorite of mine...your socks look great!

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe how gorgeous these socks already are! The colorway is so beautiful, and you're knitting it up really fast - no one can blame you though for being totally addicted to the yarn, it seems to be such a perfect knit!

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a single skein of STR that I'm saving for a special occasion. You may just have pushed me over the edge, though. Yours are beautiful.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful colorway. Temptation.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home