PumpkinKnits

Monday, March 14, 2005

Airplane Knitting

The past two days have been big for me. The smallest items of the big days is that I've knitted in public for the first time (just due to lack of opportunity, rather than fear of KIP). I flew from Boston to Chicago yesterday and got much sock knitting done on the flight - it was wonderful to have 3-hours of straight knitting time. The ruddy business man next to me was not impressed with my vast skills - he prompty lolled his head to the side and started snoring. I'm not almost done with the (long abandoned)1st of my 2nd pair of socks. Its the pattern from the label of Lion Brand Magic Stripes, very simple and quick.

The other big thing, and this is really big, is not knitting related. I'm feeling a tad bit like Stephanie these days, as I have left my baby boy for the first time ever in his 20-month life. I miss him terribly, but he is in good hands with his daddy and is doing just fine. Its only been 24 hours and I have about 48 more to go - I cannot wait to get my arms around him again.

While my soul may be suffering, my knitting is not. There are a couple fabulous yarn stores within walking distance from my hotel, which will get a visit. I packed more sock yarn (the nice stuff from my SP) as well as the back of the Aurora pullover and pleny of yarn to start the front if I should finish, and the soft soft camel-colored baby alpaca from my SP, and I might go browsing online for a nice lacy scarfy pattern for it - any ideas out there for me? I've got about 218 yards of it....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting on the plane--a great place for sock knitting!

4:03 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Hi, I saw you comment on my blog about not having a place to wear a shawl like mine. I don't have a place to wear the shawl, yet I wear it all the time (at home, in the car, any place where food can't touch it)

I'm about to start a sweater similar to Devan and your blog entries are scaring me.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home