PumpkinKnits

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Handspun Socks and Thank You

Thanks for all the wonderful tips on teaching youngsters to knit. Sadly, we were awoken to PumpkinBoy crying in the wee hours this morning and found him feverish and vomiting, which has continued into this morning, so our weekend knitting plans have been put on hold. Also put on hold are my internal admonitions to the baby to come anytime - I would much prefer to leave a happy and healthy boy at home than a sad and sick one.

In happier news, we have some sunshine this morning, so here's a nice photo of my handspun socks:
Project Specs:
Pattern: None, basic stockinette, 60 stitches around, 2x2 ribbed cuff.
Yarn: handspun sport weight from HelloYarn "Gestures" merino roving
Needles: Addi Turbo #1
Notes: My new favorite socks, although with some ankle/foot swelling going on from the pregnancy they are a little snug right now. I will look forward to sporting them on slimmer feet after I deliver! These make me wish badly that I had another hank of suitable handspun to immediately cast on for another pair.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are fabulous handspun socks! Love how the striping came out! Hope PumpkinBoy is better soon- may it be just a 24 hour thing.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope poor PumpkinBoy feels better soon. It's so awful to see kids sick like that. They are so miserable, and there really isn't much to be done for them. I'm sending some get well wishes your way!

P.S. Your socks turned out beautifully. I love the colors, and the subtle stripes. Well done!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Feel better, Pumpkinboy, but don't share your germs with your mama, please!
Lovely socks. I should get back to working on mine.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely socks! There always is that extra *oomph* to an FO from handspun.

Hope PB gets better soon.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

So pretty Erin!
Feel better PB!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Those are lovely! And just think - it might be your last weekend before the baby!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those are beautiful! Hope you're little one feels better soon.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm sorry your boy is sick. I hope he's better really soon!

11:45 PM  
Blogger knitspot anne said...

those ARE adorable!
i hope your son is feeling better really soon

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent socks!!! They will keep your feet nice and warm during labor :-).

I hope your little one is on the mend soon. This warm/cold weather has a lot of people up here sick too :(

4:40 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Poor kiddo--we've got similar stuff going around here, too. :(

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Pumpkin Boy has been sick! Poor little kid, I really hope he'll be feeling much, much better soon!
I so love the socks you've been doing, they look totally amazing with this gorgeous yarn! Great job!

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks look awesome! Hope PumpkinBoy feels better soon.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, very nice picture! I love the sunlight coming in from the edge! I hope the littel guy is feeling better.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, they're lovely! Way to go, handspinning lady!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home