PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Home Again, home again

Casa de Pumpkin is now reinhabited as of late Monday night. We had a wonderful vacation on "the VinYud". We seem to have enjoyed the last week of lovely fall weather that Mother Nature saw fit to dole out. Its been rain, rain, rain, since Saturday in these parts. We managed to get in the water (still pretty warm). Did some fishing (Carole - no big stripers, but a few small blues) and shellfishing - there is nothing so good as scallops straight from the water, yum!

The wedding was beautiful - the rain and cold temps held off all afternoon last Saturday, allowing the bride and groom a wonderful (outdoor) party without anyone being miserable. I was shawl-less, having not spent much time knitting all week due to fabulous weather and the desire to be outside constantly.

I did buy myself a little prize at Mind's Eye Yarns in Cambridge before I headed out on vacation. I picked up a little drop spindle and about 4oz of Romney roving. I played with this on and off throughout vacation and am pleased to introduce you to my first little bundle of joy:

so proud Posted by Picasa

Isn't it cute? Its totally uneven, and a little too twisted, but I'm having fun and just trying to get used to drafting evenly (I'm a tight knitter, and I hold my roving much too tightly as well). I still am renting a wheel, hopefully in a few weeks, and I am still knitting, I promise!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job! If I'd been better with the spindle I might have been able to hold off on the wheel purchase. You KNOW you want a wheel!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home