PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Come on now, kids

So, none of you want to play my game, I guess. I was hoping to see some fun shirts, but so far, Helen is the only one who's humored me. Do go check out her shirt - its a good one, and knitting related too! At this rate, you've got a 50-50 shot at winning some yarn if you post your shirt. If you missed the details, scroll down to the Sept. 23rd entry.

Spinning Plans are Afoot: I've been in touch with Adrian over at helloyarn and a spinning lesson and wheel rental are in the works. We're both busy over the next several weekends, so it'll be towards the end of October, but I am very excited. If any of you readers are spinners as well, I am looking for advice on good first-fibers, and advice in general.

Knitting is still happening: Sock-swap socks are so close to being done, I hope to have an FO report on them by the end of the week, and the FBS is into repeat #9, I've got enough yarn to go to at least 14 repeats, and I am really really liking this knit, so I think I'll just keep going until I run out of yarn or make a bedspread. Butterfly is being ignored, but I'm away on vacation all next week, and it will be brought with me.

No knitting photos for you, as I'm being naughty and posting from work, but here's a black-eyed susan photo I took last fall and found on my hard drive here at work to share with you (I hate photo-less posts)


fall flower Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger the fiddlin' fool said...

Cool, I just started spinning as well. Pretty much everyone says that carded wool is the way to start. Some people suggest starting out on a drop spindle, but other people say it doesn't matter. I just made my first skein last week with a drop spindle, and it was quite fun. If I really get into things, I may upgrade to a wheel when time and money can afford.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned using roving. very easy to draw from, so the first part of spinning was easier.

Be aware, your first skein will be novelty yarn. You'll be frustrated with that. Later, you'll have to learn all sorts of amazing techniques to reproduce it.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Sorka said...

Can't find it!! It's lost in the laundry!! I will look again tonight!!
I want YARN!!!!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home