PumpkinKnits

Friday, September 30, 2005

Swap Socks Done!!

The napping gods have smiled upon me today, and while PumpkinBoy slumbers, I was able to complete these:


silly feet

Project Specs:
Pattern: Fluted Bannister by Laura Gallagher for the Six Sock Knitalong
Yarn: Lornas Laces Shepherd Sock, color Purple Iris
Needles: #1 dpns
Notes: buy more Lorna's Laces for stash, tubular cast on is a wonder.


These are the socks for my lovely Townsend-Sock-Knitalong sock swap partner, Diane. I am modeling them on impeccably clean feet, and they need to be washed and blocked still, so I hope you don't mind too much my dear partner.

These were a dream to knit - my first time with Lorna's Laces and most definitely not my last - yummy. Also my first time with the tubular cast on - I tried to take a good photo of it, but I can't quite get one that does justice to this amazing technique. I used this page some page I can't find a link to right now as my guide, and although at first read it sounds daunting, its not so bad, and man does it give a perfectly finished edge.

Well, I'm off to finish laundry, house tidying and packing while I have some time to myself. I wish you all a good week ahead, and I'll be back with some (hopefully) good vacation knitting photos.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great! I've heard so many glowing reviews of Lorna's Laces that I have thought of picking some up.

12:44 PM  
Blogger the fiddlin' fool said...

LL is quite soft. I have to admit that the pair I knitted striped in a way I wasn't expecting, but the feel of them is really nice.

Great job!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love Lorna's Laces and completely agree with you ... tubular cast on ROCKS. Such a nice, neat edge. Your socks look great ... congratulations.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color and I agree about Lorna's Laces.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were fun socks! Love the color you chose. Great job!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home