PumpkinKnits

Friday, September 16, 2005

Shawly

I've been stressing this week - it was a bad week personally, and I have a tendancy when under stress to let that leak into the parts of my life that aren't stressful, so I was even stressing about my knitting. Until, just in the nick of time, Stephanie reminded me: "Knitting isn't supposed to be stressful, ya know." THANK YOU. I did need to hear that, badly. Knitting is my "me" time, my time to unwind (good name for a blog, no?) and here I was freaking about deadlines and getting something knit for a wedding, and blah, blah, blah. This is supposed to be fun, so lets let it be fun again shall we?

FBS begun Posted by Picasa

I've begun the Flower Basket Shawl as of today, because I want to. I'm using the lovely hand spun silk from Claudia that I won back in July. I don't care if I have it done in time for a wedding, and I already have my 2nd sock-swap sock on the needles, and I am comfortable with sharing my knitting time between these and still not leaving Diane waiting for her socks.

So, you'll pardon me for a moment, while I say "fuck-off stress, get away from my knitting". Thanks Stephanie.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Why do it if you don't enjoy it?

2:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, that yarn is lovely.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that yarn is gorgeous! Yay for stress free knitting! Can't wait to see it all done.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home