PumpkinKnits

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Surprise knitting-related weekend

So Husband, PumpkinBoy and I were scheduled for a quick visit to Maine this weekend to see my father in law. When we arrived Sat. late morning, he said, how about we go to the Common Ground Fair? I was thinking we'd see some yarn-y type things and I was not disappointed:


wheels

That was a group called the Wednesday Spinners. (For a much better report on other fibery things at Common Ground, see this entry over at the "A Sheep in Wools Clothing" blog) PumpkinBoy was fascinated (like his mama was) and kept asking "I do it? I do it?" - to which one kindly spinner replied, "There is a demo wheel at the end of the line if you'd like to try". I made it back to the tent later without the PumpkinBoy and got to spin for the first time ever. As you gaze upon my first "yarn" below, please keep in mind that I am not known for my hand-eye coordination.

sad little blob Posted by Picasa

However - despite what you see above, I was just barely beginning to get the hang of it as my little demo wad of roving was running out. More importantly, I LOVED DOING THIS, which really really surprised me. As I suck at the hand-eye thing, I tend to get easily frustrated at things that require it, and kind of get too grumpy to perservere. I am itching to have a chance to try again, and just need to figure out the best way to accomplish that. I'm thinking of making a call over here, and renting her wheel and taking a quick lesson.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh. Another spinner is born.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home