PumpkinKnits

Sunday, September 04, 2005

The First Step....

..is admitting you have a problem. My current problem is that I cannot expand time. 2 out of 3 of my WIPs have "deadlines". I have a pair of socks "due" at the end of the month for a sock-swap running on the Townsend Socks Knitalong group. I don't want to post about them, as the swap identities are not secret, and my partner is a reader (Hi Diane!) and I want them to be a surprise. I also have on the needles a Fiery Bolero from the summer IK (my mystery WIP from last post). I had hoped to crank this out in time for the wedding we are attending next weekend. I suppose I still could, had I not taken off my rose-colored glasses last night, and realized that this thing is just not going to fit the way I had hoped. A combo of slightly-off row gauge and picking the wrong size in the first place (both of which had been tiny nagging voices in the back of my head) have conspired to finally shout in my face "this will not work!" so its off to the frog-pond. I still have fantasies about getting a shawl done by the October wedding, but seeing as I have yet to cast on, I'm dubious.

Butterfly continues making incremental progress - it is a slow knit, and I have no pressing "due date" so I am happy to make 1 or 2 rows of head way every couple days. This is a fun enough knit for me that I am happy to know I will have its company for some time to come. I'll post a photo when it looks even remotely different from my 1.5 inches of stitches posted last time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I just wanted to let you know that we went striper fishing yesterday! I didn't catch a keeper (my biggest was 26") but I did catch 6 fish total. My husband and brother-in-law both caught keepers, though. Of course this has nothing to do with your entry but we did talk about fishing last week!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home