PumpkinKnits

Monday, August 22, 2005

Tempted by the Fruit of Another

So, the last we spoke, I was going to dye my ugly sand colored laceweight some color and cast on for some shawl. I got the dyeing done:


before and after

But, while it was drying, I had nothing to knit (husband-socks don't count, stop looking at me like that!) So, I did my swatch for Butterfly.


true love Posted by Picasa

And guess what? I can't put it down now. I am so enjoying this knitting. I am even enjoying it through casting on 296 stiches, dutifully knitting the whole first row, realizing I had a twist when I joined, ripping and casting on again. Phew. This is one of those knits that makes me want to call in sick to work, send PumpkinBoy to daycare and knit all day long without interruption.

There will be a shawl on the needles soon, but I don't think it'll be laceweight. I think having 2 detail-oriented projects on at the same time would not be a good move for me. So, I have my eyes out for something that'll work in heavier weight and won't hurt my brain too much.

7 Comments:

Blogger Micky said...

The dye job is really pretty. And that knitting is beautiful. Can't wait to see more of it.
:)

6:26 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

The swatch is beautiful! I told you that you would have fun knitting with the little bitty yarn. :-)

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that swatch is gorgeous. I'll be looking forward to progress pics. Maybe it'll inspire me to get some fair isle knitting done!

11:12 PM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

What a beautiful swatch! I'm not quite brave enough to try fair isle yet. =)

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the color of your dye job and the FI swatch is beautiful!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Rebekkah said...

The swatch is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the sweater. :-)

11:21 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Hi! First time vistor/commentor here :) Your dyed yarn is gorgeous!! I really love that color. What are you going to make with it? And also, your Butterfly is coming along so lovely. All those colors are snazz together.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home