PumpkinKnits

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Rogue Final Update

Rogue was assembled and blocked earlier this week. Photo shoot was delayed do to camera battery issues. I love this sweater. It is by far the best thing I have ever knit in terms of fit and enjoyable knitting. My first attempt at patient gauge-making was well worth it. This pattern is wonderful to knit - not a moment of feeling like it was drudgery, each step was crystal clear and well written. I could easily cast on for another one right now, if it weren't for Eris or my Butterfly vest calling my name. I love this sweater.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Rogue, by Jenna Wilson
Size: 43.5"
Yarn: Cascade 220, color 9338, 7 balls
Needles: Hems on Denise #7, Body on Denise #8
Notes: just a great knit (see above rave)




side view (for some reason looks like I have a bun in the oven - eek!)


pumpkin head


Ms. Casual Posted by Picasa

I must repeat: I love this sweater.

10 Comments:

Blogger Thea said...

Very cool sweater - can imagine some all apple picking or more likely for you, pumpkin picking, in it! (perhaps with pumpkin beer in hand?)

Your klaralund is also great - I loved those colors - from one self described 30 something knitting mama to another.... Thea

7:35 PM  
Blogger Sorka said...

WOW! It looks great!
You gotta lay off the self tanning lotion though.. you are lookin a little orange! ;)

10:47 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

FABULOUS!!!!
I love it--fantastic job! Now I really want to make the sweater.

If you don't mind me asking...How much ease does your sweater have? I'm between sizes and I can't decide between making it smaller or making it bigger.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sweater, and I love the pumpkin head. It makes me giggle.

10:07 AM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

It's neat to see the same color Rogue as a pullover, rather than the cardigan version I did. =) Enjoy your accomplishment!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Moosler said...

You are a Pumpkin Princess in your new sweater! Great job.

10:50 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Fantastic job on the Rogue! I love that pattern. And I love the heathered color you chose; it gives it that kind of rustic look. Gorgeous. The pumpkin head cracked me up!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Looks beautiful. It goes really well with the pumpkin head. I am so glad you and others have said the insructions are very well done. I hope I don't have trouble.
:)

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Rogue looks fantastic! Congratulations.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Your Rogue is beautiful! I think that's next on my to do list... but I'm a little anxious - it'll be a challenge for me, I think. I'm glad to hear you liked the pattern... Again, it's just beautiful!

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home