PumpkinKnits

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Rogue Update #3

I just finished grafting my hood! Very fun, and not too hard at all....TA-DA!

yeah baby! Posted by Picasa

Grafting in pattern works how I expected it to work, and to make my life easier (and because I'm a dork) I made a little chart to follow so I didn't mess up. In the spirit of giving a little back when I've gained to much from all you other knitters out there, I wrote it up to share in case someone else doesn't feel like figuring it out on their own (I know I wouldn't have if something like this had been out there). Its just a plain old text file, but it gets the point across. You can get it here. Hoping to get the sleeves on this baby and get her blocking tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

Wow! You're grafting is wonderful! I'm so impressed. I'm very bad a grafting--if I ever make this sweater I'm going to ask you for that file! That part of the pattern is the one thing that is scary for me.

(I think I have yarn for Rogue, but I haven't swatched yet. So I'm either going to make it very soon or not very soon at all!)

8:07 AM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

Looking great!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Rogue-alonger sends her thanks for the cheat-sheet. I've only swatched & am still trying to figure out if I really like my chosen yarn, but I've printed your guidelines & will refer to them when I get there.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Thank you so much. I will be starting soon and will need all the help I can get!
:)

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thank-you for this cheat sheet. Believe it or not, I've never grafted live stitches before (I always went the cast-off and sew-up route), and this really helped me get the cables on the hood of my Rogue grafted together.

Now if I could just get the live-stitches-to-edging grafting figured out, I'd have have it made. *g*

(I know it works pretty much like a straight Kitchener stitch, I just haven't been able to make it work, yet)

Anyway, thank-you! This really helped.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Thanks so much for posting this grafting file. It worked great! (even for a left hander). My grafting doesn't look quite as pretty as yours, but it's close.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home