PumpkinKnits

Friday, July 29, 2005

Good news and Bad news

The good news first. I turned the heel on the first Husband-Sock this week. I'm using the same wide-wale rib pattern that I used on my Cape Pogue Socks. I like this yarn, it is masculine and simple, but not boring at all what with its subtle striping. More importantly, husband likes it too.

husband sock

On to the bad news:


I'm calling it my "One Skein Blunder". I got caught up in all those cute little shrugs I was seeing dotting the knit-blog landscape. I whipped out one of my dyeing experiments and whipped this up in one day while I stayed home from work with a vomiting PumpkinBoy. It was a fun knit and I do like the way the colors knit up. However, I will never ever wear this. It is just about a half an inch too small, and one critical piece of information that I forgot is that I have HORRENDOUS posture (it is really really bad) and this little number does nothing but highlight my permanent hunchy stance. So, it will sit back in the stash armoire and await a frogging when I decide what to do with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger CjSachiko said...

The shrug is a lovely color, it's too bad it ended up being too small. I actually find mine helps my posture, as I'm conscious of it. =) I don't want the Noro to stretch too much.

10:45 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

The shrug is so cute! It would be a shame to frog it. Maybe give it to someone you know? (of course, if it were me, I wouldn't be able to part with that lovely yarn...)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Sorka said...

You are like the third person ..including me..that have made this and it is just a tad toosmall. Hmm I am wondering if there is a inherant error in the pattern.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home