PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I Couldn't Resist

So I keep "wipping" out all these FOs that I never even put on my WIP sidebar. One of the great things about all the knit-blogs out there is that I often see variation on pieces that pull me a bit out of my comfort zone to knit something I would otherwise say "eh" to. Case in point...Glampyre's MiniSweater....I would never have chosen to knit this had I not seen several versions out there that made me say, hey I actually might wear that. The version out there in blogland that inspired me to knit this was Tami over at BlueRoseKnits. She made this take on it and this one too - both quite lovely.

I was going to make it long like Tami did, I even had a nice little trellis lace pattern picked out, but when I tried it on, I said, hey, this is pretty loose already (yes, I gave up meticulous knitting for this one and never swatched) and while my tummy is certainly a far cry away from flat since birthing the PumpkinBoy, I think (hope) I can still pull this off. I am pleased with it and think I'll be sporting it frequently this summer (it already made the trip to work today).


mini sweater Posted by Hello

Project Specs:
Pattern: Glampyre MiniSweater
Yarn: Lionbrand Cotton Easy, color Candy Blue, just a hair over 2 skeins
Needles: denise #9
Notes/Mods: added a couple double increase rows after raglan shaping to make it a little looser, knit sleeves in the round


So, I am back to my relative project monagamy of Rogue and the last bit of instep on the Aran Braid socks. I really missed knitting on Rogue while I took these little side roads of gift and minisweater knitting - it has been a pleasure to reacquaint myself with it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks much better in your picture than the one on Glampyre.

9:03 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

very cute! I also like it better than the one on Glampyre. The looser fit is more flattering.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home