PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Impending Doom

So, my little profile over to the right says I'm "thirty-something" and it does not lie. Next week I will be 30-something plus one (but still squarely in my 30's, thank you very much). My dearest husband asked me what I would like for my birthday, saying something along the lines of: "I was thinking of a computer game, but you don't really play those anymore, then books, but since you started knitting you don't read much anymore, and then I thought knitting stuff, but you already have everything you need." Ha! He misunderestimates us knitters, no? (thanks GWB, I love the new words you create) While I have a stash and patterns that could keep me knitting well into the next year, I by no means have everything I need.

So I took some time to do a little browsing and I think I have an idea of what I'd like. As if knitting a white shirt was not insanity enough, I'm thinking about buying the kit to knit this:


insanity? Posted by Picasa

It is Butterfly from Jade Starmore. Isn't it pretty? The only real problem is that I've never done any stranded knitting really and that its an itty bitty gauge. Do you remember how insane Devan drove me, and that was a baby sweater! I'm pretty sure I can do this though, the description itself says "I also wanted to make this design suitable for knitters new to stranded colour knitting". Do you see!? Its a perfect project to continue my own knitting brainwashing technique to make me more of a process knitter. My guess is it would take me forever and forever to do, but I think I might go for it. What do you all think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pattern is gorgeous. I say go for it! It may take forever to knit, but I think the end result would be worth it. Happy early birthday!

9:15 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Go for it! I always advocate jumping into projects that are challenging in order to learn new techniques. (I guess that makes me a process knitter!) I'm sure that you can do it and it won't drive you crazy like Devan. Devan was straight stockinette--that could drive anyone to tears. This project will keep you on your toes and be continually interesting.

Plus small-gauge sweaters look so GOOD!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like it, go for it. Complexity be damned!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home