PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Back to the Real World

Well, the Pumpkin Family has completed vacating for two weeks. We had a wonderful time, relaxing both alone and with extended family. I managed to get a fair amount of knitting done.

Rogue's back has been completed, but sadly that is all I managed to knit on it. Tip for any of you about-to-vacation knitters: it is helpful, when travelling, to bring the pattern with you, especially when working on a complex, cabled sweater. Oops, sorry Rogue, you'll get the attention you deserve now that we're back home and I have a hard copy of the pattern to look at!

The vacation was a knitting success however, thanks to socks! I was able to complete the Aran Braid socks:


Project Specs:
pattern: Aran Braid Socks
yarn: Froehlich Wolle, color 7446
needles: brittany #2

And, after a visit to the local (to my vacation spot) Heath and Hen Yarn and Quilt Shop, I picked up a new sock pattern to make my "Cape Pogue Socks":


Project Specs:
pattern: Ann Norling, Wide Wale Rib
yarn: LionBrand Magic Stripes, regatta stripe
needles: Skakel #3

These are for me, and I love them. They are fraternal twins, and the colors remind me of our vacation spot, hence the name. While at the yarn shop on the island, I picked up a bit more yarn (surprise, surprise). Some Lang JaWoll color in nice manly colors (on the needles already for husband-socks) and some Opal sock yarn for the stash.

That is all folks, I am beat after the first day back to work post-vacation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back from vacation. (Two whole weeks? I'm jealous!) I love both pairs of socks you knit, they look great!

1:44 AM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

Welcome back, and those are lovely socks!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home