PumpkinKnits

Saturday, June 02, 2007

I'm A Monkey!

All of your comments from my last post about struggling with my socks helped greatly. A couple in particular stood out to me: Yoshimi said " I can never get my socks over my heel when I only have 3 inches, I always have to wait until I have done the heel" and Rachel said " Okay, that sock yarn was born to be knit into Monkey over 64 stitches." It seems many of you agreed with her, loving the way the stripes were working with this pattern. So I re-cast-on for the Monkeys with 64 stiches, knit on with utter confidence that more pattern repeats and a heel would make it fit and Yoshimi was correct! Perfect fit. Monkies it will be for my sockpal!



Oh, and Debi, I did start your Scale Skin suggestion, and they were looking lovely as well, I may just keep them for myself, as I have 2 pairs worth of the yarn.


Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Manise said...

Looks like 3rd time is the charm. I LOVE how they're turning out! What yarn are you using btw?

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both socks look fantastic!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Excellent Monkeys!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love them both.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both are so cute!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I love your monkey sock, one of the best I've seen so far!!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

They both look FABULOUS Erin!! I couldn't pick a favorite from these two either, luckily you get to keep one :)

11:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, they're worth all the stress and effort because they're fabulous. I love the colors and they look great in that pattern (still). I'm glad it worked out.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, gorgeous! I'm delighted that you figured out how to tame the wild Monkey. :-)

I recognize that "scale" pattern. I believe it's the same one that's in the Schiaparelli Slipper from 3 Trails Design. Very nice for variegated yarns. Yours will be lovely! :-) And Gryffindor-y! :-)

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are both winners. I'm going to check out the scale pattern. I like what it does with handpaints.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn was meant to be Monkeys. I'm glad the 64 stitches worked out. Love 'em!

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I'm not sure which I like better.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great! Glad it worked out.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect colors for the monkeys!!! What a lucky pal to be the recepient!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love those monkeys!!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Very nice! I love the colors, they're so bright and happy.

3:24 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

perfect monkey!

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, that heel? The coolest sock heel I have ever seen. As you know, I loved the way the pattern was looking with that yarn all along, but that rockin' heel elevates it to a whole new level of awesomeness.

The snakeskiin pattern looks great too! That's some seriously magic yarn you have there.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home