PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Zero Knitting Content....

....just a rant.

I know I work in a profession primarily populated by people with penises, but PLEASE! When I ask you a question, have the courtesy to direct your answer to ME, not one of my penis-posessing colleagues.* I cannot think of one thing you could do, short of slap me on the ass and ask me to get you a cup of coffee, that could piss me off more.


*I am extremely fortunate to work in a wonderful place with exceedingly wonderful co-workers, and rarely have to face this kind of behavior. This particular ire-inducing incident was perpetrated by an outside contractor.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, how infuriating! I'm glad you don't have to face that often, but that fact sure doesn't make it any less off-pissing when it does happen, I'm guessing.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Oh, that just sucks.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry to hear that. I've encountered that too in a different form. I hope it gets resolved.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Mini said...

Oh, that blows. Really and truly. I work in an area that is penis-predominant and have been asked to "get me a cup of Joe, doll" and have had salespeople ask to see the "man in charge...the lab director". Ahem. Snookums? You're lookin' at HER. :)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Wow, that's bad. You'd think by now people would know better. I guess there are still Neanderthals out there.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That happens all the time in my line of work. Very irritating.

10:54 AM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

OMG, I was LMAO @ Mini's "snookums" comment. Too funny. Sorry about the outsider. What a schmuck.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Grrrrrrrr! Boiling hot hatred on your behalf!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Manise said...

Yuck- what a pig! Shall we cut it off? ;-)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

We had a veterinarian who used to do that. She's not our vet any more.

Oh, how I hate that stuff.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That does suck.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my little girl!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

you know, despite the funk of having to deal with pompous penis people, I do like all the alliteration of that first sentence. :) (sorry, being all late and glass half full over here.)

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home