PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Avert Your Eyes

What you are about to see below is scary. I almost crapped my pants when I saw this a few rows back, trying to figure out why things were starting to look a little wonky:


Of course, at the time, I didn't have the handy little marker to point it out, but it was quite obviously a dropped stitch. Lucky for me this is mohair, and it wasn't going anywhere on its own. Unlucky for me is that its mohair and tinking back and/or frogging 4 many, many-stitch rows would take virtually all my knitting time for today and tomorrow together.

Now, all you race spectators have figured out that we're all maybe a tiny bit crazy to be doing this. If Cheryl were taking votes on who's the craziest, I think I might be the front runner after you see what I did:



There is still a touch of wonkiness with the YOs, and I need to tug and pull my "re-knitting" to even them all out, but my stitch count is accurate and the pattern lines up now. What all the craziness means is that I STILL made progress between last night's update and now (not much, but some) and I still have an evening of knitting ahead of me. PHEW!!

21 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Man. That's determination.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a braver knitter than I.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Excellent work! That first line in the Bloglines preview had me verrrrry worried.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my eyes just popped out!

9:00 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Uh-oh! One thing, for sure, you certainly are competitive! (grin) Way to overcome an obstacle.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lace surgery- sometimes it's the ONLY way to go. Nice save!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, indeed.

6:20 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

you're my hero for the day!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! That pic number 3 is one scary thing. Bravo for your determination and persistance that got you through!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

7:03 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Congrats on fixing it! Keep at it!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice save, indeed!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet mother! We have gone crazy! I don't know if it's the slick yarn that I'm using, or the fact that I'm hustling, or what, but I've never dropped as many stitches as I have on this project. I've been lucky though, they've all been in places where I could ladder them up easily.

Except the one in the k2tog/psso, that required tinking.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

You're right--I should have averted my eyes. I feel a little ill just thinking about it! And with KSH, too! How did you ever manage to separate all those grabby little strands?... No, don't tell me. I'll have nightmares.

You got moxie, babe.

8:48 AM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

Nice. I told a friend who did something similar that she'd left the realm of Olympic Knitting and was now Knitting in the X-Games.

10:49 AM  
Blogger LotusKnits said...

think i need a lie down now...

10:54 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Damn. And here I thought maybe I'd have a chance if you screwed up.

10:56 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

You ROCK!!! *and I love pacalaga's comment about surpassing the Knitting Olympics and now competing in the Knitting X-Games--how fitting! :)

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMPressed. You now qualify as a Goddess.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive surgical skills. I don't know if I would have attempted such a thing, but I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures. All that, and you still made progress, to boot!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe my eyes! That is the most daring save in knitting I have ever seen! I am sitting here laughing, just picturing how determined you were to fix that, as I completely understand! Bravo!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home