PumpkinKnits

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Stumbling out of the Gates

In a moment of insanity and pure joy at the relase of the Wings of the Moth Shawl pattern, I committed to joining in a race to completion with Cheryl, Beth, Julia (you are racing, dear, whether you admit it or not) and now apparently Carole.

I am meat:
Kidsilk Haze, "Hurricane"

I can feel them all trembling in fear at this evidence on my shawl knitting prowess. This is not quite all the way through the set up rows before I can get to the first chart. I did this Friday night after receiving my pattern and then had to leave it here at home while we went up to Maine for a weekend with Dan's family. I don't think this is good car knitting (especially when your chauffer has a window down all the time) nor is it good "crammed in a house with 8 adults and five children" knitting. I came home to handfuls of posts showing me just how much I need to hustle my waddling ass if I want to even pretend to play in this field.

I'm hoping I can at least catch up with Magic Monday tomorrow. My only firm commitments for the day are a midwife appointment and heaps of laundry, oh, and grocery shopping. So while all of you are stuck at work or at home child-rearing, I will be plodding away. You'd better watch your back.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh boy, you better make some progress tomorrow! I am so far ahead of you you can't even see me! Ha!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

You will not be getting much competition from me. YET.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that color! i am thinking i better cast on tonight, and maybe join you all! i have that dusty blue alpaca which was origianlly intended for this shawl . . .

7:59 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Slow and steady wins the race, you know! You could be the victorious tortoise to all of us hares. :-)

And hey Cheryl--let's see some PICTURES to back up that trash talk! ;-) Besides, I wanna see how that gorgeous cone knits up.

8:18 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

You people are funny! Good luck, but remember, we want a fair race!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a gorgeous shawl pattern, and the color you are using is lovely. Where in Maine did you visit this weekend? I'm just curious, because I'm from Maine, and my family is all still there. I miss it this time of year...

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL You guys crack me up. That's a great color for the shawl.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home