PumpkinKnits

Friday, August 11, 2006

Big Blob `o Baby Blanket

I'm mostly done with the Pinwheel Baby Blanket. It is pretty large - you see it below on the 3 longest of my Denise needle cables, and I still can't stretch it out fully. The diameter is currently somewhere around 44 inches, unblocked.

I have enough yarn to give it another couple inches, but will probably stop here, as my intent is to purchase a contrasting solid (maybe the pale green you see in there?) for some kind of decorative edge. The yarn is a worsted Dannette Taylor hand dyed, in a colorway that I can't remember - maybe azalea? A little yarn retail excursion this weekend should help find the edging material, along with some other stuff, I'm sure.

3 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

Cute! The lavender would make a nice edging too. Or the dark pink, or the yellow... wow, that is some pretty yarn!
I can't remember if I commented on the prairie blanket in your last post, but it's lovely! I might have to make one for my son, given that he's almost a year old and I haven't knit ONE. SINGLE. THING. for him. I'm a bad knit-mama.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! I also think that yellow would make a nice border color. (Just watch, you'll have as many color suggestions as you do comments. I hope you ignore us all and go with your original instinct.)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

This is beautiful Erin. As is the Prarie Blanket below! Lovely knitting!!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home