PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I Finished Something

Not only did I start something in the last week, I finished it. Hooray for me. Yeah, its just a hat, but I'm calling it a symbol of my knitting mojo returning.


This is my Dad's birthday hat. While the thought of putting a wool hat on my head currently makes me break out in hives, I must say this is nice enough to tempt me.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Seaman's Cap, by
Brenda Zuk
Yarn: 2ply Merino from
Nick's Meadow Farm (their wool, commercially spun I believe) used one 4oz hank
Needles: #6 DPNs
Notes: a nice, simple, classic pattern. The yarn is what makes this special - so soft but very firm. Dear Husband has requested his own version, but in navy blue, so I will be dyeing my last remaining hank.

The brighter piece in the photo is my replacement sock for the koigu toe-up that I have chosen to abandon for the moment. These are much more summery both in color and content - the yarn is Regia Cotton Surf, and these are going to be some light and breathable socks.

Really looking forward to spin night tomorrow evening, maybe some spinning mojo will be headed back my way as well. I missed last months due to vacation, and am dying to have some uniterrupted time meant just to spin in.

7 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Hooray for the FO! Sometime it takes something small to get us going again. And very pretty sock yarn, by the way . . .

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the hat. I have the raw merino from SPA, and hope to get something creditable out of it. The sock colorway is wonderful!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yay! An FO!! And I like the Regia sock - just looks bright and fun and summery.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I never really appreciated the regia cotton until I moved to California - it's great!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Ah, cotton surf is sure to bring cool knitting mojo, it's one of my favorite sock yarns and your color is so pretty! Love the hat too!

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo FO! Great colors on the Regia sock yarn.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that hat pattern the best? It's so comforting to knit.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home