PumpkinKnits

Monday, July 10, 2006

M is for.....

Magical Monday Morning.


As some of you may be aware, I work only part time, and am home with the PumpkinBoy, being mommy all day (which is much harder than actual work, if you must know) on Mondays and Fridays. However, PumpkinBoy just started at a new preschool last week, one which strongly encourages a full week of attendance, so the compromise is that he will attend Mon-Thurs, and still be home with me on Fridays. With the new babe on its way, it didn't make much sense for me to rearrange my work schedule to fit his new school, so I am left with Magical Mondays all summer and into November.

These are days where I can lounge in bed, while Dan gets the boy up and dressed and fed and out to school, and I am left with the quiet expanse of a day to myself. Utterly to myself. I can count on one hand the number of days like this I have experienced in the past three years, so the thought of one per week stretching into late fall makes me positively giddy. I am trying very hard to refrain from plotting and planning all the knitting/spinning/fleece washing/dyeing I will do and just see what I feel like each day, but it is hard not to have visions of heaps of wool drying on the deck and dyepots simmering.

In the meantime, as I write this at 8am, I'm on my second cup of coffee, have already taken some kick-ass macro shots of my daylillies in the nice morning light, and am trying to decide what to do next. I do have some "chores" to get done, but not enough to take all day.


These colors would make a nice yarn/fiber colorway, no?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the thought of a whole day every week to myself sounds like heaven. Unfortunately, it never happens, so I'm very envious! I'm sure you'll enjoy it while it lasts, because you already know you'll be busier than a one-armed paper hanger once the new baby arrives. Until then, kick back, knit, spin, dye, or just take a nice nap!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time...relax and stay in bed late :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Gorgeous photo! Enjoy these relaxing Mondays. They will end quicker than you think. ;-)

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you are going to get so much done! We should plan a plan a fun Monday thing for before the baby comes, I could take a day off work and we could do dome dyeing, or shopping...something fun.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that sounds like such a wonderful arrangement that will allow you to to rest up a little before you take on life as a mother of two. I hope you find some time to do nothing as well as all the many somethings you're planning!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful 'gift' of time. Enjoy!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely macros! It SCREAMS daylily! Daylily!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a colorway similar at Hello Yarn and it is sold in giant skeins for an easy pinwheel baby blanket!

Warm wishes for good health and rest for everyone. Your son will probably enjoy having a place to go play that's just for him, but you can always keep him home, "just in case he's sick" if you're having a craving for mommy and son time. Don't feel bullied about those rules. Kids bounce easily, on beds (ha,ha), with family changes, etc. Do what works for your family. No one knows that child better than you and listen to your heart. They just need to know/hear that you love them and you are still there for them. You will be great as a mom of two! Okay, enough waxing nostalgic.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Enjoy your solitude Erin, it may be your last for the next 18 years or so :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That sounds fabulous - definitely enjoy it while it lasts!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home