PumpkinKnits

Friday, July 21, 2006

Busy Little Bee

Thanks to my Magic Mondays, as well as PumpkinBoy deciding to actually take a nice long nap one day last weekend (he never naps at home anymore) I've been amazingly, incredibly productive in my fibery persuits this past week.

Top left is 4oz/260yds navaho-plied Lorna's Laces top in the Purple Iris colorway. This crap has been on my wheel since March. Its not really crap at all, its very nice actually, I am just so freakin' sick of looking at it that all I want to do is shove it in a drawer and never look at it again. I still have 6 more ounces of the top left and will most likely try to destash it on the Destash blog - I just do not want to look at it anymore.

In the middle are long-ago spun singles from the Gotland fleece sample that Cheryl gave me, and which I dyed a nice crimson - I finally got around to plying that up - it is very wooly and I adore the color.

On the right, you can probably guess, is not my handspun, but my navy-blue dye job on the last hank of Nicks Meadow Farm merino that I will make into another Seaman's cap for my sweet patient husband. I actually weighed and measured and did all the necessary math on this dye job, as I wanted it to be just right, and it has met the husband's seal of approval.

I have also made crazy-fast progress on the Super Secret Baby Knitting, which is good, because dear Reen's shower is next weekend, and I really want to be able to give her a gift that is not still on the needles. I think I'm going to make it.

Once that baby knitting is complete, I free up my needles to do some knitting for our own impending baby. I have been thinking Pinwheel Blanket all along, and actually already have some very pretty hand-dyed Danette Taylor (her site appears to be down at the moment) worsted in pretty girl colors that would be perfect. However, I have been following Cara's progress on her random log-cabin blanket, and the idea appeals to me greatly. I would need to go yarn-hunting especially for that though (Koigu solids would look divine, wouldn't they?), and I'm feeling rather frugal and tentative about doing that when I can get a perfectly lovely Pinwheel from my stash. I think I will have to ponder that for a little while.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

You could always make a pinwheel now and a log cabin later. Just saying. ;-)

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that navy dye job really looks great. And I have got to get around to working on that gotland fleece, I haven't done a thing with it in months but your little skein is inspiring me. I didn't think it would have such a halo, but I love it.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin,

I can't wait to see you on Friday -and I can't wait to see what you have knited for my grandchild.

Pat

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've thought about making that pinwheel, too.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice conglomeration of yarns. It's funny, I'm spinning LL Tahoe right now, the top is ~10oz, and I can see that despite loving the colors, I could get really really sick of looking at the same thing....

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home