PumpkinKnits

Monday, May 22, 2006

Done-O-Rama

I've completed my dyeing for the Dye-O-Rama swap. My giftee likes deep, saturated colors, and one of her preferred favorites were the blues, so this is what I came up with. It is handpainted with Jaquard dyes, using about 5 different blends that were either turquoise and black, or brilliant blue and black. I painted pretty randomly, with some sections being pretty broad, and some small and some just squrted here and there to fill in blank spots. If I had to name this colorway, I think I'd call it "The Deep".




I must say, I think this is the best dyeing I've done to date. I am really sorely tempted to keep it to myself, but I have no more time to make the June 15th deadline with much travel coming in the next few weeks, so I will have to say goodbye to it and try my hand at repeating it for myself later. I couldn't resist knitting up a little swatch though, just to see what it looks like:


It will be on its way in the mail sometime this week, and frankly, it doesn't have very far to travel to find its home.

24 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Really gorgeous!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Stunning! Amazing work!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

I love it. I too would be tempted to keep it.

8:44 PM  
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

looks really great!!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

MMmmm!! Perfect title for the colorway and beautiful results. I don't blame you a bit for wanting to keep it! What yarn did you use?

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, good job! Blues are so soothingly beautiful.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That is wonderful! I wish it was mine!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

What beautiful yarn! I'd have a hard time parting with it myself.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

It's stunning Erin! You should be very proud!

12:43 AM  
Blogger shoeboots said...

I am in LOVE with that skein! I would never give it up in a million years. I'll bet your dye partner is going to be STOKED!

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent work on that yarn... and for deciding to use many variations of the hue to create a wide range of blues. They all work quite well together.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

nice eye for making the hues work together! pretty! i think blue is one of the hardest colors to dye - nice work!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Please tell me you are my swap buddy! That's gorgeous.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, so purty! And aptly named.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors are vibrant and beautiful. I would have been tempted to keep it too, but deadlines must be met, lol. heck, just dye some more :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I wish you were my dye buddy! Gorgeous, gorgeous yarn...

10:42 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Gorgeous yarn! You'll have to remember how you did it for more. It even looks like it knits up beautifully!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are my dye buddy! Just gorgeous.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

I'm not even a "blue" person and I'm in love with this yarn. Very nice indeed.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Moosler said...

KM of 1.27, nice work Erin!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I love it when people use the word "frankly".

And that's an incredible skein of yarn. Awesome use of the black.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love it, I so wish/hope you are my dye buddy! :)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

That is beautiful! Not that I like blue, or anything.

Have a wonderful vacation.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Reese said...

oh my god. i just got home from my business trip to find a neat little package sitting in the living room (it arrived wednesday). I absolutely LOVE the yarn! Simply perfect colours! You are a most awesome swap partner. Thank you so much! And now I know about your blog so I can read you.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home