PumpkinKnits

Friday, April 07, 2006

Hi, I Suck.

Um, yeah. Just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm not dead. I've been knitting very little, a row or two on my SockPal sock a day, I've done very little spinning, and that was only thanks to spin-night this week. I did get to let a wheel-newbie sit at my wheel for a while, which was very cool - I can't teach for shit, but the lovely Julia stepped in and helped her out and she was able to produce some yarn. I felt like chanting "one of us! one of us!"

Instead of any knitting/spinning last Sunday, I spent some time making this:

A decapitated Pointy Kitty. I must have managed to contract a 24-hour sewing bug somehow. I whipped out the long-ignored machine and went to town. The hand-sewing of the red stripes and eyes quickly became tedious and I cannot bear the thought of more hand sewing to attach a little nose and make this little critter whole. My prediciton is that it will sit, cluttering my nest in the fiber dining room and eventually get stuffed in box in a fit of cleaning.

Coming next - whatever the hell I can come up with for a G post for the ABC-Along. Thinking....thinking....thinking.......

4 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Good to hear from you but no pressure!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That kitty would look very cute with a little embroidery nose or even a button... It's so cute! I hope you finish it. Have a great weekend.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think leaving it decapitated would make it a good conversation piece. And instill a sense of dark humor in your child from an early age.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say something like, oh, go on, forget the nose but just attach the head! But then I think of the buttonless work pants I've got and... yeah. Too bad you can't just staple it on. :)

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home