PumpkinKnits

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I is for...

IMPRESSED. I got my Sockapaloooza package yesterday. By chance, I was at home, enjoying a planned "Mama's day off" having taken a day off work, and sending PumpkinBoy in to daycare for the day with dear husband taking chauffer duty. How fortuitous! Check it:
You will note, in the package above, some lovely tea (and bags), a postcard from a very cool Indianapolis music store, and a custom made CD from said store, a wine-tasting journal, and TWO small sock-size tissue paper bundles. Two.

I flashed back to reading the following on Alison's last Sockapalooza update:

"Cindy K made a pair of practical hiking socks for her outdoor-loving pal, but then decided they were TOO practical and whipped out a second pair of cushy Malabrigo house socks. Two pairs--Cindy, you're making the rest of us look bad. ;)"

Guess who lucked out? C`est Moi.




Both pairs fit so wonderfully and are perfect for me. Can I just say that Malabrigio on the toes is quite decadent. I think I know what's happening to my leftover skein. Needless to say I am over the moon about my socks - thank you a thousand times over Cindy, you really outdid yourself.

In a very odd twist of fate, when I emailed Cindy with my gushing thanks yesterday, I learned that she too, was having a day to herself, taking a break from some work-related training she was taking in sunny Florida. I just think the coincidence in that is very cosmic and I liked to think of her (another mom to young kids) enjoying the sunshine, while I cozied up on a dreary New England day with cushy socks and some tea, both of us enjoying our "me time".

I also have word from Kate, my Sockapaloooza recipient, and she is very pleased with her socks! Phew. Hooray for socks and strangers gifting socks. Socks made my week this week - I'm ready to sign up for the next one.

11 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Wow - you scored double! They are both beautiful.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Great sock abundance! Both are lovely, lucky you!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lookie, so purty!! Enjoy :)

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great package!! Yay!

9:38 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

TWO pairs of socks?!?!? Awesome! :)

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you did luck out! Both sock look great, and I'm glad the recipient of your socks was pleased, too.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Lucky duck! Those are great.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you, two pairs! The colors coordinate so nicely -- perhaps you could wear one of each at a time. ;)

I hope you were refreshed and rejeuvinated by your "me" day.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky!
those are full of awesomeness!!

i am your Dye-o-rama pal, and was hoping you would make a post about the colors of this world that tickle you.
i love the color scheme of your blog!
but, i would love it if you told me about the colors that moved you, and inspired you, the colors that demand of you, to knit or spin something!
:)
your DOR swappee.
XO!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, lucky you, they look great!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, great socks! I'm trying to imagine how Malabrigo feels on the toes and thinking I might have to knit some socks so I can find out...

Love the new look!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home