PumpkinKnits

Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Payoff

This time last week, I was already soaked to the bone, and had just started exploring NHSW with Cheryl. I had a moderate budget, and like many there, brought the cash I could spend and when it was gone it was gone. I had some goals - 1. Do not purchase another fleece. 2. Get some non-wool fiber to spin and 3. Get a teeny niddy-noddy. Despite having visited the fleece barn first (danger! danger) I managed to achieve all three of my goals. I am very pleased with what I came home with:Clockwise starting with big white bag `o fiber: Cormo/Silk from Foxfire, Silk/Cashmere also from Foxfire (I have urges to stuff this in my bra it is so soft), a mini Ashford Niddy Noddy, 2 silk hankies from The Spinners Hill Shop, a ball of Trekking which I'm pretty sure came from The Elegant Ewe, 2 hanks of merino 2-ply from Nick's Meadow Farm, a neon-blue silk cap and red Tussah silk top from The Spinning Studio, and finally, a 3 oz bump of "black magic" polwarth/mohair/silk from The Spinning Bunny. I am a happy girl. Now I just need more spinning time!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Silk/cormo and silk/cashmere? Oh, YUM. I'll just sit here and imagine how lovely they feel...

1:25 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Beautiful fiber haul!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

lovely fiber with oddles of potential! enjoy it erin!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely stuff!

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home