PumpkinKnits

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wrung Out and Memes

I am just out of gas. No knitting, no spinning, no fleece washing, no dyeing, no carding. Just working and coming home and being a lump. I have no idea why, I'm just feeling sucked dry these days and it, well, sucks. I've been mostly MIA from commenting where I normally comment (please don't take it personally) I just can't come up with anything to say. I have a great idea for my next project, but can't bring myself to start it. Perhaps I'm getting a big dose of February blues a bit late, who knows.

So, I will do what all great bloggers do when there is no blog fodder, and catch up on some memes. First, long ago (before SPA!) Carole tagged me with the music meme. Thing is, I'm no audiophile. Yes, I listen to music, I even have favorite songs, but mostly I have no idea who/what I'm listening to. So, I'm copping out and will replace the music meme with the "knitting space meme" Here is where I knit:
Sofa cusions missing due to fort building; handy behind-sofa bookshelf holding current projects and assorted tools; my very first quilt project from years ago on the wall.

and here is where I spin:

My little corner of the dining room, which has now really expanded to along the wall with the window too - my dear husband is very kind to let me take over half the room with my "nests"

Also, Monica just tagged me for the "4 Things Meme" so here is my list:

Four jobs I have had in my life
1. Fishmonger
2. Secretary
3. Computer Operator
4. UNIX Systems Administrator

Four movies I could watch over and over
1. The Princess Bride
2. The Fellowship of the Ring
3. the Austin Powers movies
4. The Holy Grail

Four places I have lived
1. H*, Massachusetts
2. Me*, Massachusetts
3. S*, Massachusetts
4. Mi*, Massachusetts

Four TV shows I love to watch
1. Lost
2. Coupling
3. Project Runway
4. Good Eats

Four places I have been on vacation
1. Cancun
2. The Grenadines
3. Marthas Vineyard
4. Florida

Four websites I visit daily
1. Google
2. Bloglines
3. thebostonchannel.com
4. toothpastefordinner.com

Four of my favorite foods
1. roast chicken
2. hot dogs
3. popcorn
4. Cuban sandwich from Daves Fresh Pasta

Four places I would rather be right now
1. At home spinning
2. Cape Pogue
3. In bed
4. Anywhere alone (can you tell I'm feeling all people-ed out today?)

No tagging. I hope to be back soon with new energy and fun things to show you. Sorry for the suckage.

6 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Hi there,
It's great to learn more about you. I hope you feel better soon! Take care.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I didn't see any suckage. I love seeing your comfy knitting spot and finding out more about you. Hope you feel peppier soon. :)

10:32 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I love your knitting spot! When you're ready for people again I want to come over and knit with you right in that sunny spot.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your knitting spot looks cozy! Fishmonger, eh? :)

Take time out if you need it. I've been having terrible blahs lately too, maybe we're all tired of winter.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lump, that's a good way to describe it! All week I've done no fiber work at all. I get home from work and collapse in a chair, waiting for someone to bring me supper. Then, when no one does, I get up and make it myself. Then I collapse again until bed. It sucks. I want some energy back.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I've missed your visits Erin! I'm glad you're ok!

I think spring fever ennui is overtaking the knit blog community so misery loves company :)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home