PumpkinKnits

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Rogue #2 Done

I finished assembling and blocking Rogue #2 last weekend, or maybe Monday... I can't remember, as its been another whirlwind week. My sister in law for whom I knit it came up (with my dear brother) and spent the night last night in order to visit and retrieve it. I was so pleased to see that it fits perfectly and looks fabulous on her, as you can see below.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Rogue, Jenna Wilson; 43.5" size
Yarn: Cascade 220, Ruby Red 7 skeins
Needles: Denise #8 and #7
Notes: I still loved knitting this the 2nd time. Things I did differently this time around were using a purl turning row for the hem - I like it much better this way. I also used the hood as an excuse to practice cabling without a cabling needles. There is not much else to be said - its a great pattern with great results, and given the excuse I could easily knit it a 3rd time.


The only thing on the needles now are my Sockapaloooza socks, I've been waffling on what my next large-scale project should be. I tried starting a lace-weight shawl, but keep ripping because I don't have the mental stamina needed for that at the moment. I kind of don't feel like doing another sweater right now, so I'm still pondering what else to get going. I might just keep the socks as a solo project and use the "extra" time to spin more often.

14 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Rogue #2 is lovely! What a great color on your sister. Is she thrilled?

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, very nice! The color is fabulous and it looks warm and cozy.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Awesome. Rogue #2 looks great and the color? Yum.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Rogue looks great!

7:11 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Gorgeous, as expected! :)

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rogues looks great! :)

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rogue #2 looks great. I'm glad it's a perfect fit. You're SIL is a lucky gal!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Lovely. Inspiring. If it wasn't so late, I'd come up with something more creative to say.

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love it in that color. Is there anything more satisfying that a purl turning row? I think not.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look great. And I'd love a rogue but don't have time to knit one. Is that enough of an excuse for you to knit a third???
Heh heh.

12:41 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Another great sweater. It fits so well, too. Your SIL is a very lucky person

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a beauty! The red really makes the cables POP!

Beth (big geek)

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. You can't look at that color and not feel happy. Your sister-in-law is lucky -- I hope my SILs don't see your site; I certainly have never knit them anything so nice!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home