PumpkinKnits

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hard Won

So back in January sometime I bought a beautiful polwarth/cormo fleece from Treenway Silks:

I have been slowly chipping away, washing small batches in the kitchen sink (our ancient water heating system within our ancient steam boiler cannot fill a tub or a washing machine with hot water) , heating water on the stove, over and over for multiple wash and rinse cycles. I finally accumulated enough to merit spinning and have been working on that for the last month or so. It is amazing how many hours were spent to produce this;


About 4.5 ounces, 500yds or so, of stunning, soft brown(color looks accurate on my screen), lofty, softy yarn. My hope is to be able to wash/spin enough of this to make myself some torso-covering garment - depending on my stamina and patience a vest or a sweater.

Progress on the shawl has slowed, due to trying to focus on finishing up the spinning, as well as making sure I'll make my Sockapaloooza deadline.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks fantastic. The effort truly paid off.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! That stuff is so soft! I just like to touch the little batts I made from it. I haven't gotten as far as spinning it yet.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks amazing! The color is wonderful...

8:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It looks soft and sproingy.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm imagining it draped around my shoulders and me just snuggling deep into it - yum!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty. It does look like it was worth the effort.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so soft and lovely! I love the color.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks well worth the effort you've put forth!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, looking forward to seeing what it becomes. :)

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How Beautiful!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

For someone fairly new to spinning you REALLY have a knack Erin!! Lovely!

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home