PumpkinKnits

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spring-a-licious

Here is my latest dyeing/carding. Longwool Leicester fleece and "silk latte" both from Cheryl. Dyed in same pot, a la Cheryl. I think I will call it Cheryl's Spring?



Now, before you go imagining me gazing at my vase of tulips, being struck by their beauty and rushing to the dye pot to methodically recreate their subtle shades of pink, let me tell you a dirty little secret: I was shooting for red. This is what you get when you don't measure your fiber or your dye and just huck it all in a pot thinking "this should work". However, I LOVE what came out, even though I'm not really a pink person. So I kept it. No shawl photos until tomorrow, assuming its moderately bright out - I tried last night after work and it just looks like ass in every shot.

15 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

The pink is beautiful! The thing about dyeing is that it seems like it looks great no matter what the intention!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the color! Can't wait to see it spun up.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Lovely colors!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

pretty color!! reminds me of cotton candy... spontaneous creativity never fails!

10:03 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Oh my gosh, I love that color! It's the most perfect pink ever. I want to reach into the screen and grab it and keep it forever and ever.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! A fiber named after me, how exciting! I'm almost famous.
I love the pink color too, it has a really nice luster.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's a completely amazing color!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, pretty! Hehe, if you hadn't told us about the red we'd never have known.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color is gorgeous! Even if it was unintentional.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was very honest of you. I probably would have attempted to take credit for "capturing the subtle hues of spring's first blooms" or some such nonsense. :)

Regardless of how it happened, it looks beautiful!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love when something goes totally wrong, and its still cool?

I think that Cheryl's dying method is very clever. I have not really gotten the courage to jump into dying yet, though seeing this much colorful beauty is making me think more and more about it.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color pink, and I think that color is gorgeous! At least next time you'll know what NOT to do when shooting for red. I'll be looking forward to the shawl pics!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Subconsciously, you must be ready for a New England spring! Can't wait to see it spun up.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some very pretty dyeing happens by accident. That's one of the fun surprises in that activity. Your fiber is very pretty and very Project Spectrum.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely shade of pink, even if it was by accident. Soft and fluffy looking!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home