PumpkinKnits

Friday, March 10, 2006

E is for...

Energized! Nothing like a 70 degree day and a long walk in spring air with birds chirping and PumpkinBoy being boyish to get rid of the lumpiness I felt just a day ago.

My energy today has inspired me to get my next project going. First, let me show you the results of my first carding attempt that I showed you a few posts back.

300-ish yards of shiny goodness. My idea is to take that as a base with all of this (above skein also in this photo, 3rd from top)

And make myself a feather and fan comfort shawl with all my little random spinning attempts. I seem to have a penchant for blues and greens and I may or may not use everything here (and this is not all that I have spun, just what semi-fits in terms of color). I figure this will be a good way to use up all the randomness that I otherwise wouldn't know quite what to do with.

10 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Your spinning is really looking awesome! We only hit 65 today but you're further inland, I'm guessing that's the result of your warmer temps. Lucky you!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

70? Yay! Oh, I can't wait until I'm able to leave work and head for home.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Welcome back - can't wait to see that knit up.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feather and Fan, hm? Looks like someone's setting herself up for an easy letter F...

That skein looks nothing like the singles you were getting at spinning night. Plying really smoothed it out! It looks incredible!

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! The weather today was gorgeous, wasn't it?

Your new skein is beautiful. I like your shawl idea, looking forward to it!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That's a great idea for your yarn - how wonderful to have a shawl made from your own homespun!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

That new skein of yarn looks gorgeous! I love the colors in it. Great idea for using up all those random odd balls of yarn left from spinning projects.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Your handspun is looking great Erin! You're very talented :)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

thats some beautiful yarn, I love how it's iridescent... with 300 yards you have plenty for a project! it reminds me of the sea...

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hand carded yarn is beautiful, and that shawl's a wonderful idea for the bits that you don't know what to do with.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home