PumpkinKnits

Friday, December 02, 2005

Red Rover, Red Rover...

Send a working wheel on over!

Ready for assembly:


Assembled:

In a brief ray of natural light, looking glorious, I might add:


And she works! I (very poorly) Navaho plied some stuff I had sitting on Adrian's wheel to free up her bobbins so I can return it this weekend. It looks awful, and I have much to learn regarding that technique, but here it is:


I am not usually a "namer-of-my-stuff" type person. Spinners out there seem to say that a name for their wheel just materializes magically in their brain as they get to know it, and I was highly skeptical that this would happen to me. However, once I settled on the stain color (an orangey-browny-red color called "Spice") and the whole time I was working on the finish, all I could think was "Red Rover". I think it fits her, don't you?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Rover sounds perfect.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Yes fits it very well.
:)

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Must feel so good to spin on your own wheel. :)

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's amazing. You did a beautiful job and the wheel looks great.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stain looks gorgeous and I'm so impressed that you did it yourself! Enjoy your Red Rover. I still haven't named my wheel yet!

8:27 AM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

Cute name for your wheel! =)

12:45 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

That is a cute name! Congratulations on your new wheel! I put pictures of my parts up on my blog, and also my daughter's wheel which is just like yours but finished with oak oil. I hope that your darling Red Rover gives you much joy!

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really pretty! And a good name too. Your spinning looks great! I hope you have a good time getting to know eachother.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now you did it! Just Beautiful. I was leaning towards a Babe, but now I may just spend the extra bucks on an S17 and buy Minwax Wild Berry like I dreamed. Thanks for showing us your wheel. I shall seeth in envy and replan my future purchase ;)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Angela M said...

I'm totally in love with your Red Rover. Wow!! I'm looking for my first wheel and having a hard time deciding between a Lendrum and a Louet S51DT. Then I saw your wheel and my heart skipped a beat! Unfortunately, I cannot find a Louet with double treadle that comes unfinished. Except the S75DT, but I don't like the looks of it as much. Anyways, I love your wheel. Great choice of color. I would stain mine more orangy... but lets hope. BTW, what kind of stain did you use?
-Angela

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home