PumpkinKnits

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Hazards of Shopping Online

I thought I was getting this:

Instead I got this:


No, my order wasn't messed up, that is the same colorway. I knew shopping for Koigu online would be especially troublesome, but I did it anyway. I was hoping for a red-ish colorway, but what I got is distinctly black with peach and beige highlights. Very pretty in its own right, but not quite what I had in mind. Off it goes, back to the store to get swapped out, with hopefully some human help on the back end, so that I am not thwarted by photography and monitor resolutions again.

5 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Ew. I'm always a little skittish about colors when I order online, but I didn't really consider how much some yarns can differ even in the same colorway. Koigu is a perfect example, though. *Crossing my fingers that someone finds you a more reddish colorway!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate when that happens. And I'm so bad about sending stuff BACK. I've kept things I didn't like (not yarn because I almost never not like yarn but clothes and shoes) just because I'm so lazy at sending things back.

1:04 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

wow that's very different! When you send it back make sure they know what you're looking for. I once had a online store owner help me pick colors via email. Hopefully the human on the other end can describe some colorways to you when picking a replacement.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Eek, what a pain. I had a similar problem earlier this year with a couple of pounds of silk merino; had to find people to swap it with! Good luck!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

Damn! That is a HUGE difference. I've been searching, for a long time, for red colorways. Can't find any and don't trust the on-line colors.

Good luck with your human help!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home