PumpkinKnits

Monday, November 28, 2005

Knitting Unto Others


I had a very productive long holiday weekend. The 3+ hours in the car each way to Maine provided me enough time to complete my Holiday Sock Swap socks. They are relaxing on a nice warm radiator cover right now, getting ready for their FO photo shoot.

The rest of my knitting time has been spent Knitting Unto Others. I'm making several of Susan's "Live Dangerously, Don't Swatch Hats"

The yellow-blue one is made from my own handspun! There is something magical about knitting with yarn you made yourself. I followed Susan's pattern and did the sides in the half-linen stitch she explains in post #2 of the hat. It is quite pretty:


The Blue hat is done in 2x2 rib and with one skein of Noro Cash Iroha. I received 3 skeins of this delicious yarn from my knittyboard SP back in the day, and it has tried to become several things over that time, but nothing quite worked out. I think a nice soft warm hat for someone in need is just what they were destined to become.

I am almost done with Gram's cashmere scarf, which means I can hope to produce several good "Unto Other" projects over the next couple weeks.

In spinning news, my wheel, according to UPS package tracking, is scheduled to be delivered today - yahoo!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your handspun yarn is gorgeous!! I love the hat! Can't wait to see pics of your new wheel.
Happy Knitting,
Carla

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful hats - especially the one made with your own handspun! Are you really going to give that one away? Wow! And so exciting about the wheel. Can't wait to hear all about it.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Your handspun looks great knit up!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your handspun hat! I just knit with my handspun for the first time last night so I finally know how that feels! :)

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home