PumpkinKnits

Monday, November 28, 2005

Some Assembly Required

Wheel is here!!! It will be a little while until I can spin on it though. The Louet S17 I bought is a kit, so she needs her wood to be finished and then assembled (I am already anthropomorphizing, and it has become she). Here's what she looks like now:



It even came with 8oz of Corriedale, sandpaper and a wrench and screwdriver - how cool. I love this kind of work: both the wood finishing and the assembly. I know people always groan at furniture/toys/whatever that needs assembly, but I'm a dork, and I love doing that. I have already sanded/stained all the little bits you see in the last shot. Big pieces will be tonight hopefully, then move on to some poly for a little sheen. She's going to be beautiful! Can anyone guess what color she is?

6 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

I love putting stuff together, too! I tend to push poor hubby out of the way to get to the tools. :) My guess for color is cherry.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think cherry. Have fun!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing pumpkin orange!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my oh my, she's here! Congrats! No color guesses here... okay, since no one has said it yet, how about walnut? :)

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome to the other obsession! Love that wheel. Good luck putting it together

Beth (big geek)

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a wheel coming today! I keep looking outside for the UPS guy, even thought he usually comes at 6PM. Have fun with yours.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home