PumpkinKnits

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Knitalong by Default

After reading Cara's last post, I've become a member of the Jaywalker Knitalong by default - sweet! I'm calling these my Bostonian Socks, as the pattern, as we all know, is by our friendly neighborhood Grumperina, and the yarn is by another Boston local, Adrian of Hello Yarn, and its being knit by me, a near-ish Boston knitter. Here's my progress to date:

While shooting the socks, I realized I've been remiss in my sidebar WIP updating as well. I need to add this scarf to the list:

This is the only holiday gift knitting I've commited to (so far). It will become this scarf, and it is for Gram - my husbands only remaining grandparent. She is just about the sweetest, strongest and wonderful woman I've met and its a pleasure to knit for her. Its also a pleasure to knit with the Elann Peruvian Baby Cashmere - melts in the fingers and makes me want to unravel it all into a big pile and just bury myself in it like the little chipmunks who are burrowing away in the pine needle mulch in my garden beds.

I just have to say that as I'm writing this, my 2.5 year old son is freakin' vaccuming the living room! This kid asks to get the vaccum cleaner out and will just go to town (and does a pretty good job to boot). Ahhhhhhh.....I'm savoring it while it lasts.

8 Comments:

Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

I'm loving the progress on your Bostonian Socks.

And THANK YOU so much for the pattern for the Baby Cashmere! A friend gave me 6 skeins and I haven't been able to figure out what to use it for...now I know.

Hmmm...can you send your son down to PA? My backs been killing me and I haven't been able to vacuum in a week or so. :-D

12:48 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Both the scarf and the socks are looking good ... and thanks for the link to the pattern. I have a SIL that would be perfect for.

8:24 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Ooh, those Jaywalkers are looking great. I can't believe your son is vacuuming, that's awesome. Way to train them right, at an early age!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the Jaywalkers! So fab! Thanks for knitting along.... ;-)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Please, please send your son to my house. Maybe we should have children after all...

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are almost a community project :-).

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, digging that scarf pattern.

You have a Gram, too! I'm sure she'll love that scarf. :)

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how your jaywalkers are knitting up...that yarn is great!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home