PumpkinKnits

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Christmas Knitting Complete

With the deepest apologies to those of you still in the thick of the holiday knitting frenzy, I present to you my completed Christmas knitting:

Project Specs:
Recipient: dear Gram, my husband's grandmother
Pattern: Knotted Open Work Scarf, by Wannietta Prescod
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Baby Cashmere, color Parchment, exactly 2 balls
Needles: Denise #8
Notes: A lovely, soft, drapey end product, but very boring to knit. I would do it again though because its so nice.


Project Specs:
Recipient: PumpkinBoy - this will be his Christmas Stocking from here on out.
Pattern: Holiday Stocking, Mary McCall
Yarn: Malabrigio merino worsted color "Forest" main color, 1 skein; Noro Cash Iroha color #33 contrast color, scraps
Needles: Denise #8 (magic looped)
Notes: Very quick and simple pattern. My first time with Malabrigio - OH.MY.GOD. this stuff is soft - softer than the Cash Iroha thats for sure. I'm fantasizing of a very close fitting pullover and and no shirt underneath. I am smitten with this yarn and must have more.

My WIP list is down to socks and the Butterfly vest (which needs a good stretch of uninterrupted time from me.) I have another large sweater project on the horizion - one that I'm very excited about, but its not for me. I'll tell you about it soon.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I'll be there soon, probably another week. Then it's memememememe!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great job! You are did well on the deadlines for X-mas. I love your son's nickname. My girl is "pumpkin princess", but the boy is "Mr. Destructo" (he breaks everything he can get his hands on).
merry knitmas!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you. I'm getting there, but keep adding to the list.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I finished mine today, too.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! Your Grams will love it, I'm sure. :)

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to explode in a fit of jealous rage - then I realized that you weren't finished with your holiday knitting yet. Whew. I feel better. ;-)

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing your Christmas knitting, with time to spare! I love how the scarf turned out, I'm sure your Gram will love it.

6:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Cashmere scarf! It's beautiful. I love the stitch pattern. I wish I was Gram :-)

PumpkinBoy certainly has luxury stocking. Hopefully it will be filled with goodies this year.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home