PumpkinKnits

Monday, November 07, 2005

A Little Butterfly Love

So my poor little Butterfly vest has not gotten the proper blog attention lately. I spent a lot of my weekend knitting time with this, and I've made it past the addition of the armhole steeks! I am still finding this such a challenging and engaging knit. It is most strictly a "child-free" project, as the box of pretty yarn and dangling balls (think of the google hits I'll get with that phrase) proves too much temptation for even the best behaved toddler. I am getting much better at keeping the pattern repeats going in my head, learning to rely on the colors on the row before to tell me if I'm screwing up. Or at least I was until the addition of the two arm steeks - they break up my groove, and with decreases added in next to them, my brain has to do some work when I get there. Thats all good though, I like having to think on this one. I get to add yet another steek for the neck in a little while, and I'm sure that will really throw me for a loop.

You can see the steek all the way down the center here - arm steeks are not in frame.

Today I was able to ply the 4oz of Copper Moose that I spun a little while back. I managed to do it without spazzing out and going too fast. Its funny, because I though I got my singles pretty damn thin after a while, but its amazing how much they fluff out during plying. This ended up being a lot bulkier than I anticipated. I'm trying to spin the last 4oz thinner, we'll see if I'm succeeding when I ply it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your yarn is looking great. And the spinning definitely blooms when you set the twist. Bulky yarn knits up fast, though, and that's a good thing!

7:11 AM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

Pretty pretty Butterfly! =)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home