PumpkinKnits

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Little Mitts

During the lull between finishing the Flower Basket Shawl and getting the wheel, and under the threat of last weekends early snow, I whipped up a pair of mittens for the PumpkinBoy. Never done mittens before, so they were fun. They fit perfectly, which means they won't fit by the time true winter get here most likely, but they are cute.

wee mittens Posted by Picasa

Project Specs:
Pattern: my own, knit "backwards" from top down, not cuff up
Yarn: scrap ball of Patons Classic Wool color Peacock, and true scraps of unknown white worsted
Needles: #6 dpns
Notes: I had fun inventing these as I went. The snowflake design is not true stranded knitting, I just kind of left it hanging and crossed it back when I hit the next row - that accounts for the puckering you see, which should block out if I bother to do it.

Edited to Add: several of you have requested the pattern. I wrote it up based on scribbled notes and memory, and a link is in the sidebar, as well as project specs above now. Let me know if you knit them (and if I have any boo-boos in the pattern!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Ok, those are just too cute! Don't bother blocking, that's what snow is for. When they get wet, leave them next to the heater. :)

12:36 AM  
Blogger Sorka said...

Super cute! I need to get hopping on a pair for little mr cold hands here!

8:43 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

cute cute cute!
I would have duplicate stitched that snowflake on to avoid the stranding, but that's because I'm lazy. Maybe some day I will make mittens.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the snowflake!

9:54 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oh my goodness, those are the sweetest things I've seen all day. I must make snowflake mittens for my niece for Christmas! Thank you for sharing the pattern, that's so kind of you. :)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home