PumpkinKnits

Monday, May 23, 2005

Supersecret

Below is my latest WIP. I can say no more other than it is being knit with Reynolds Gypsy, a 100% cotton, and the fabric it makes is quite lovely and the color just glows, but man, this stuff is Agony (yes, with a capital A) to knit. An online description of it says "Strongly twisted to minimize splitting". Indeed, in the hank and once wound into a ball it is strongly twisted. However, as soon as it hits the needles it untwists an splits like a... like a.... well, whatever splits easily - a gymnast? You can actually see it untwised in the photo below, in the little laddery section:


*&#@!%^ yarn Posted by Hello

My hands, wrists and elbows are aching knitting with this, even on my fabulously springy Denise needles. Luckily it is not a very large project, and will most certainly be done in a few days time. Full photos as well as photos of another completed secret project next week sometime.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird.

Colleen
subwayknitter.typepad.com

3:22 PM  
Blogger J. said...

I have ing a similar problme withthe yarn for my blanket, it drives me bananas! I look forward to seeing what it actually is.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home