PumpkinKnits

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Aurora

Aurora was seamed and finished yesterday and I wore it to work today. I got many compliments which is always nice.

Unfortunately, it photographs for shit. Here's a body shot, looking like a big gray blob:

full length Posted by Hello

And an attempt at a detail shot in the remaining natural light of the day, and me looking like my arm is paralyzed:

detail Posted by Hello

I'll try to get better shots in some sunshine later - the ribbing detail is really quite fetching and these are just not doing it any justice.

As you might be able to tell, I bagged out on the crochet neckline. I just couldn't get it to look right, and even tried a picot edging from Knitting on the Edge (which I highly recommend) but it all looked too floppy and wierd, so I just knit 3 rows and bound off. The bind off edge of this tapey yarn is quite nice.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Schachenmayr Aurora Pullover, free from Elann.com
Size: 38-42" ( I should have gone for smaller sizeto get the clingy-look on the model, even though my measurements wouldn't indicate it)
Yarn: Schachenmayr Aurora Color 86, blue granite; just over 12 skeins
Needles: Denise 10.5
Mods: shortened body by 1"; changed left-slant decrease in chart from skpsso to ssk (just looked cleaner); 3 row stockinette neck in lieu of crochet picots.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great, simple, versatile sweater!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home