PumpkinKnits

Friday, April 29, 2005

Random Musings

I've been the happy owner of Tivo for just about a year now, and I've been finding myself thinking everything has "tivo-abilty", particularly my car radio: driving home from work listening to NPR and a big truck roars by and I instinctivly reach down to the controls to rewind so I can hear the last bit I missed. Or if the PumpkinBoy is acting up in back, I reach to press the pause button so I don't miss something while I talk him down. I do this ALL the time - anyone else, or am I just a freak?

I have discovered that virtually all of my socks (store bought, I only have 1 pair hand knit to date) all of a sudden have holes in the heels. Whats up with that? I think this might be the knitting gods telling me something.

Going to my favorite place for for the first time since October this weekend. This is my own personal official marer that spring has sprung. The 2nd Aran Braid sock is coming too for travel knitting, and maybe Branching Out will come along, don't think I'll have too much knitting time.

Aurora is almost done - finished the sleeves last night, body parts are blocked, sleeves have just been pinned and dampened and are drying, then assembly and the dreaded crochet attempt next week.

Happy weekend to all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not alone! My mother and I just had a discussion about how someone should really name that tivo urge to repay or skip commercials. Once you start using it live TV just seems silly and pointless.

9:09 PM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

I do the same exact thing with the radio, thinking I can pause or rewind like the TiVo. DH thinks I'm weird, but oh well. Sometimes he wishes he had "tivo-ability" while listening to baseball games on the AM.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home